Douglass stated, "I have often wished myself a beast, or a bird anything rather than a slave." Douglass would have wanted to be anything rather than a slave. He thought being a slave was so bad that he would give his life not to be one. Slavery is torture. Animals have more rights than a slave does. Being a slave is not only less than human, but less than an animal.
Some good quotes i found were, " There was no sorrow nor suffering for which she had not a tear, and there was no innocent joy for which she did not have a smile." And, " "You will be free, you know, as soon as you are twenty-one, and can go where you like, but I am a slave for life. Have I not as good a right to be free as you hvae?" In this, i think Douglass was talking about that every human should be treated equally.
No comments:
Post a Comment